Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Father's Day


Well.....this is a really, really tough one for me. My earthly Dad is no longer here. He died June 14, 2002.


He was a wonderful provider...it took him to die for me to realize how much I love him. My Dad was just not an emotional person. He was very hard to please and had few words....unlike me of course :O)....wow! Do I miss him. I went up to his gravesite on Saturday, because it was 6 years since he passed and Father's day and well, if he were here he would be 72 years old on the 28th.


He had a laugh that went through the house, and when he laughed, you just laughed, you had to....He worked hard, he was a truck driver for many years, I think he was afraid of money--if you know what I mean--he grew up very poor and I think he was afraid of that happening with us....We were poor in my eyes, but in his eyes we were pretty good. But, he was so good at it, I didn't even realize we were poor till I was an adult. He had some serious ways, traditions---he could make a homemade stuffing that could knock you off your chair--really it could :O) He had a lot of varieties for it too, spicy, sausage, mild, chicken....He always made Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter dinner. He was the patriarch, he kept us together. The whole family saw each other at least 3 times a year because nobody passed up the invitation of dinner at Dad's, you knew you were in for a treat!


Our family does not do much lately anymore. I don't see them too much at all--except funerals and that's only if my family liked the person--isn't it awful. I try to make ways to bring us together, but, everybody thinks I am wierd and they don't think they can hang out with a holy roller. Well....I just know---I miss my Dad, that's something I know. If my Dad was here, they would be hanging out with this holy roller....yeah, they would.


1 comment:

Homemanager said...

Lill,
You're not weird, you are wonderful blessing and an adopted daughter of the King. He loves you with a costly love...
Besides, if you are weird then that means I have to be weird since I'm your sister and friend! :-)