Friday, July 4, 2008

The Call of My Heart

I have been really trying to "soul" search and "find" my heart. Where is it? I love my Jesus, my Saviour, more than I thought I could love. He has filled my heart with such joy and has given me drive & direction. My heart bursts with love of the poor, needy, homeless, sick............It cries "let me help...." "do you know Jesus?"............I want to wrap my arms and heart around the abused, the hungry, the lost. I want to walk in domestic violence shelters and let these victims know that someone loves them, that Jesus has a plan for them. I want to go to the nursing homes and talk for hours with those who have been forgotten and left alone. I want to go to the homeless and give them love {and of course all the practicals}...I want to go on the streets and let the young man know---gangs is not love, not family, not salvation. I want to go to the hungry and feed them....the sick and lay hands and watch our Healer set them free.....the rape victims, the lonely, the set aside, the abused.....isn't that where Jesus would be?

My heart bursts with this overwhelming need to go and do it.....I want to support missionaries & reach the children......I could go on forever to what I want to do ---but where? how? There are only 24 hours in a day you know...only 7 days in a week and at best 31 days a month.

Our church has another church that comes on Wednesdays and does a soup kitchen. The people who run it are amazing and have the heart to serve the lonely & homeless & lost. Nonny & I went there to eat {cuz the food is always good & these are the times} and then what joy I felt as I saw she needed help---can you believe it? I felt joy to clean tables & put food away....to talk to those who came & get names & hear how much they appreciated coming & being fed.......all different situations...all different reasons why they were there & I needed to hear them.....

My heart was bursting that I could be there. There is a coffee house next to our food pantry ran by another church....I want to be there....serve there...the man who runs it has the heart for the community...the college students....his church is located in a crime ridden neighborhood. He is having a community outreach there & I am going to be there, cooking & serving, my name is on the list---my heart calls me there.

It's like my heart is in all these different places....and it calls me "Lillian, over here" and I get this bursting feeling {best way to describe it} inside me and I go looking for my heart.....

The set aside call my heart, the lonely call my heart....where do I go Lord? What do I do? Where is my heart?

2 comments:

Marnie said...

Hi There Lillian, thanks so much for visiting my blog and for leaving a comment! I really really loved what you werote in this post about having a heart to serve those in nned- I really feel where you are coming from...God Bless you, marnie

Lois said...

hi! :) I just saw this post....and couldn't help but reply.
I understand what u mean! Its something constantly on my heart too. U must write more about the soup ministry and the ministry to the inner city people!!! Thanks for sharing.