Saturday, October 11, 2008

Mom Update

Here I am. It has been a tough road and the journey is still ahead.

My Mom has been diagnosed with small cell lung cancer. She was a smoker for 49 years. She quit when she found out about the cancer. We all wish it would have been sooner. She has started chemo & radiation. She has 13 radiation dates left & 4 months of chemo.

She has been in & out of the hospital since around the middle of August. At one point in time she was staying with me. She can no longer walk & falls all the time, so she can no long be here. This is very heartbreaking to us.

She is currently in the hospital waiting transfer to a long term facility. She will go there first with the hopes of beating this cancer. Then after that go to a rehabilitation center to learn to walk again.

She was 201 lbs and now is 136 lbs in a matter of 3 months. She has lost most of her hair & looks about 80 {she is only 66}...

I will be back to blog more. I just wanted to update my blog, I have not been here in a long time. I miss it here. I just need time to get all my thoughts together.

6 years ago we lost my father to cancer, 5 years ago my aunt, 20 years ago my uncle. This is not something new for us---yet we are raw every time....you never get numb to this kind of stuff.

I will close with some joyous news. The Lord always has something in His plans. During this time, my relationship with my brother has been restored. And.......My Mom accepted Christ!!!!! Can you believe it????? I can't. I have to keep telling myself!

I will be giving this testimony in church on Sunday.

Be back soon. Keep praying for my Mom.

3 comments:

Faith said...

Lill:
I will pray for your mom.
Praise the Lord that she found our Savior and Redeemer! Halleluia!!! The Lord has her in the Palm of His Hand...isn't that a marvelous thought?
Take care of your self....

Deep in His Heart said...

Hi, Lill -

It was good to hear from you in your comment on my blog and then to see your update here.

I am so sorry for all you are going through with your mom right now. I have been there with both of my parents and I still do not have words when I know others are going through it. It just hurts, and there's no getting around that. Your comment about being raw really says it all.

I will pray for you and your mom. Praise God that He called her to receive His Salvation during this time! Now you will always have the hope of Heaven with your mom no matter how this earthly journey turns out.

Although you and your family are still fighting for time here with your mom, you may be ministered to by a post I made earlier this year. And particularly the two other blog posts I reference in it. It may not be easy to read them, but they may offer you some comfort in this difficult time. Here is the link:

http://deepinhisheart.blogspot.com/2008/02/death-and-dying.html

God is blessing and keeping you through this. May you know the comfort of His Presence.

Kristi said...

Things change so quickly... We never know what God has in store for us, or our family. My family is very close (aunts, uncles, cousins, etc..). We found out that my aunt has myelofibrosis about a month ago. She will be going to MD Anderson Cancer Center today.

"We stand together against the evil scheme of the enemy, satan himself, and we proclaim God's deliverance, healing and restoration of Lill's mother to full health and vitality. What the cankerworm has stolen, we pray that God would restore 100 fold. Every evil report will be turned around into a good report because the Lord, the Sovereign God of this entire Universe, calls Lill's mother by name and she indeed is the apple of His eye. She is His child and how dare the one who chose to rebell in Heaven against I AM think for one moment that he has any authority over her flesh. So, that being said, I speak to Lill's mother's body right now to rise up and perform in the way you were created to perform. All the needed healing power of Almighty God be released into her body to cause anything that is not functioning properly to submit to the authority of the One who created you. Do not listen to the one who rebelled in Heaven, but listen to the One who created Heaven and Earth and Lill's mother herself. The devil has tried to usurp the authority of God over Lill's mother's body and we speak as a threefold chord, in unison, 'Release your hold upon her. You are a liar and you do not have power over her body. She is the Lord's and she will rise up and do the work that she has been called to in this final hour.' "

Pray this over her.. A dear friend of our family prayed something like this over my aunt, and we are standing in faith, believing...