Friday, November 23, 2007

Able & Equipped?

I asked for prayer from one of the elders at my church. I don't remember what exactly the prayer request was for but I do remember him saying:

"The Lord says, 'You lack nothing.' " Of course being the human that I am, and you are, what is the first thing that comes to our minds???? Materials, tangible things.....right? Just give it up---of course that is what I thought for the longest time......I didn't know what to think actually...I am not rich, I am not poor....I have food, shelter and clothing.....I have family and friends.....I have Jesus....Salvation......not for almost a year did I realize the impact of what He told me........You lack nothing......nothing....please take a moment and think about that....Selah.

You are fully equipped to any purpose He has for you---you lack nothing. You have the Armor of God, the Blood of Jesus, Armies of Angels, the Spirit of God, you can stamp on scorpions and snakes, drink poisons, you can tell demons to flee in the Name of Jesus and they HAVE to go.....You, with the faith of a mustard seed, can tell anything to go and it goes...anything, disease, sickness, poverty.....or how about deliverance from drugs, alcohol, lust, sin, sickness, mental illness, bitterness, hatred, abuse, molestation, betrayals, humiliations, gossip-----do you really need me to continue???? I get it, I really get it.....No power of hell, no scheme of man, can ever pluck me from His hand.....none....we are able and equipped because we lack nothing, nothing, nothing.....we have it all, handed to us....out of His grace, mercy, love and abundance, He handed it all to us--victory, healing, love, joy, peace, mercy, grace, power over evil, do you see??? Do you see???? YOU ARE ABLE AND EQUIPPED BECAUSE YOU LACK NOTHING!!!!

Remember Paul? Of course you do. He was content in whatever the Lord gave him, whether poor or rich--why? because he understood it----he understood he was able and equipped because he lacked nothing.....do I need to say it again? Everything is given to you....all you have to do is ask. "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks the door will be opened. Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in Heaven give good gifts to those who ask Him!" Matthew 7:7-11

You lack nothing.

No comments: