Saturday, December 22, 2007

Parties, Teeth & Tests


Nonny got excited with every passing day this week. We have a chalkboard santa that she counts down on everyday and she started at 40 days this year---lol, she tortured herself with that....she happily displayed 2 this morning. She wrapped my gifts last night and put them under the tree---I am just like a kid at Christmas yet I am trying not to guess what anything is.....

She was not feeling well when she came home last night, little achy and a slight fever....that got knocked out with some prayer and she is looking much better today---she didn't eat much last night but she ate breakfast this morning.

On Tuesday we straightened her hair---oh it is so beautiful--not that it was not beautiful before---it is amazing right now. I had to do the normal stuff of doing her hair and then I had to use a special comb and blow dryer to dry it, then add some thermal lotion and use straightening plates (my daughter's hair is very very thick) layer after layer. We started around 6 and did not get finished until after 8 pm. Yet it is worth all of it....to see the look on her face when she looked in the mirror made every second worth it--she kept saying as she stroked it "I am dreaming or you put a wig on me" lol. Now she swings it about and combs it and all that....it is wonderful.

She had her school Christmas party yesterday and brought in scoops & salsa and chips & dip. She came home with books from her teacher and a bag full of candy (and not feeling well).

Oh yeah and she lost another tooth! I can't take it! lol

She will 10 this coming year and I don't know if I am ready for it. She asked for the "High School Musical" theme for her party. Oriental Trading has a great deal on the theme pack. And then I will just buy more yellow and red plain plates and cups--then I won't spend an arm and a leg on stuff...Oriental Trading is great for stuff like that and keeping it within a means. She also picked out tie dye goody bags there--I don't know why she didn't want the Hight School Musical bags but she didn't.

She asked for the movie Mary Poppins so I will get her that and another board game (because we love those) & something else. She asked for pizza and wings, so we will do that--alot less work for me...last year she wanted fried chicken and macaroni and cheese! Then a cake and ice cream of course!

The state's language arts test is coming up the first week they are back from Christmas vacation, so her teacher sent home a test from some years ago for her to practice---yes I know homework over the holidays--yet I want her to be ready for the state exam.

Whew! Be back with more Nonny adventures.

1 comment:

Faith said...

HI LILL! I love reading all the stuff you post! Don't sweat the NYS Language Arts exam....it does NOT count for their permanent record....it does go into their personal file but...these NYS tests are ridiculous and pretty much watered down thanks to Bush's No Child Left Behind Act. Both of my kids score VERY high on these tests but the real "Test" is when they score high on the district wide exams...those are actually tougher than these standardized state exams....my point?? don't sweat it. If your district is doing its job, as well as the teacher, then she will do just fine! (i pray too! :) )