Saturday, December 22, 2007

Munchie Days/Secret Santa/Wrapping Gifts.......


Well, this week just flew on by! Work was hectic being that we have Monday and Tuesday off. Monday I had the MRI, Tuesday there was a big holiday luncheon at work they served turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, green beans and then a variety of sugar food, you know, cookies, cakes, pies, cobblers etc.....Wednesday I finished my shopping --for real this time. Thursday was my departments Christmas munchie day; lasagna, salads and more sugar food--lol. Then this young lady I am doing a bible study with and getting to know came over and we watched Smallville (her new favorite show), exchanged gifts and had left over munchie day dinner (subs, lasagna and salads). We talked so much (haha) that it became late and she spent the night on my couch and left the next day.

We had a secret santa at my job and you write down 3 things you would like, so I asked for photo frames, reeses peanut butter cups and unique Christmas tree ornaments. I received this beautiful snowman photo frame, it is gorgeous. I received a unique ornament, it is a snowman, the bottom of it is a gold ball and then a wooden painted top and where it was put together a little handmade scarf is--it is really cute. Come to find out it was all homemade. My senior at work gave me boxes of chocolates with a father Christmas ornament. I love those. My Dad collected old fashioned santa's and somehow I have now fallen in love with this collection.

Then last night my best friend came over and helped Nonny wrap the gifts for me.I got 11 presents under the tree!!! I feel like a little kid again. I can not wait to invest in a digital camera so I can take quick pics and put them on here so you can see.

Tonight I have to wrap all of Nonny's gifts especially the stocking gifts (there is a reason why, this will go in my "Holidays Traditions and Celebrations" label). Do you know I have already started thinking of next Christmas??? Shame on me! Yet the sales are going to be wonderful! lol

I will be next shopping for Nonny's 10th birthday party (she is going to be 2 numbers now)...which for that day I promised her a small bash-lol. And my best friend's birthday which is the same month's as Nonny's.

And tonight I have drama practice at my church. We are doing a skit called "The Caroler's Rebellion", I am playing the narrator this time. This skit will be quite simple because we have really had no time to practice, so, our 'carol' books will be holding the actual skit....lol. It is going to be so much fun!

Oh yeah and on Monday we had our last women's group before Christmas, the topic was "Moving from Anger to Love"---it was quite eye opening and such a blessing too.....be back

No comments: