Friday, February 15, 2008

Birthday Party, Bible Study & Busy--ness

Last weekend I had Nonny's big birthday bash. She is 10 now, I can't believe it! I think I was in mourning for a few days! When she was 5 I promised her when she turned 2 number she could have a big party---she remembered. There were a lot of people here. My busy--ness, turned into major busy--ness!!!! I had to clean the house, go shopping, order pizza's and wings (2 -24 cut cheese pizzas & 100 wings), potato chips & dip, I made a pasta salad, pretzels, soda, water, coffee, tea----------they played Twister, musical chairs, spoons & speed cup stacking. My daughter giggled all day long....there was so much fun! She had friends from church & school, families....just wonderful....and of course she got a lot of stuff----she loved everything---arts & crafts and games and stuffed animals and jewelry and money and clothes. What a wonderful time we had!!!!

That has been my busy--ness for some time---that week was immensely busy. The Friday before the party I had to go to home group and co-lead with the co-homegroup leader, so I was preparing all week for that, I had a womens group on Monday, prayer on Tuesday--whew--what a weekend!!!

Ahhhhh---my Lord, He stayed faithful....just amazes me sometimes....I am in awe at how smoothly everything went that week despite my anxieties and worries....How I had just enough money to pull it all off...and some left over! How my daughter's laughter and giggles (cuz to me of course, God gave her the best laugh) were worth every moment and every cent. Wow! He is just an amazing God---that even when we are not looking up and counting on Him {cuz I always try to do it myself first} He still comes through....

1 comment:

tali said...

Hi Lill
yip, I'm with you. Actually I love it when the LORD just participates in my everyday life and answers the little things that only he heard me think.

It amazes me that he never changes. Faithful to his core.

love t