Monday, February 18, 2008

Foil Chicken

My daughter and I love this one! Now, we 'create' our own in separate foil so that the veggies and/or potatoes are what we chose.

1 boneless, skinless chicken breast {half for each person}
1 small potato, peeled and chopped { or not peeled if you prefer}
1 carrot, chopped
red onions { I love onions so I put about a 1/4 cup if I chop them or a layer}
peppers {any kind, I like a variety of peppers & I add a little of all}
broccoli {raw or frozen}
baby spinach {remember it really shrinks so be generous if you like it}
red beans {to taste}
Italian salad dressing { I prefer Wishbone's Italian Robusto, it has a kick}
garlic (whole, powder or minced)
black pepper

Hours before or the night before I marinate the chicken breasts with the salad dressing.

when ready to cook, I preheat the oven 350 degrees. I spread out foil {about the size of a cereal box} and I put the chicken on it {remember I do separate foil for me and my daughter so if you want to do all one kind you need bigger foil!}. I chop all the veggies (the red beans are canned, I rinse them) and layer on top of chicken...add potatoes.

Wrap up the chicken put in a casserole dish or 13x9 baking pan and bake for approx 45 mins until chicken is thoroughly cooked ---veggies are soooooooooo tender. Remember, when you open up that foil, really hot steam is going to be coming out so be careful

Get creative too! We do.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Faith said...

This is a fantastic recipe!
Would you mind if I copied it to use when we go camping this summer? This would be great for the open fire! Hope all is well.