Saturday, June 21, 2008

Remembering The Things We Take For Granted


My heart aches every time I look at this picture. This is Kathina Thomas. She is 10 years old and she was murdered by a 15 year old high school student.
I was "surfing" blogs and came across one I enjoyed and added it to my blog list. The blog was things/people we take for granted. The blessings the Lord has given us....
Let's do this: Let's remember to hug those we love and tell them we love them every chance we get. I sit with tears right now running down my cheeks as the thought of the anguish of this young girl, her Mom, her family.....remember those we love---never ever take for granted those the Lord has given us.......
Go right now, this second, right now and hug someone, pick up the phone and tell someone you love them---and thank the Lord above for the blessing of them.
And lets not forget the 15 year old....His Mom, his family, those that love him. This tragedy has effected many lives---2 lives gone and many in anguish.
I think it effects me and those around me a little more....because it happened here. Really close to home. Here.

No comments: