Sunday, June 22, 2008

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Today was Moving Up Day at our church. I am a teacher in the Primary 2 Class {grades 2,3,4} and I only had one of the kids moving up, but, I believe I am getting 2. It was a nice day, my good friend's daughter and another woman's daughter are graduating high school and moving on to college. One will be going to Manhattan and the other to Plattsburgh I believe.

We had an awesome {yes that it was I said} awesome thunderstorm with lightning all during worship & praise this morning and I have to say that it was awesome to have that going on---Knowing the Lord is in control of all things and us worshiping Him while this was going on...just awesome.

Nonny did her bible study, I blogged and blogged surfed a little. My friend Ess, she is on the ministry team for our food pantry and there was work to be done so, Nonny, another lady from our church P and I went to help out. The pantry is in need of a lot of items. We have a toiletry ministry {toilet paper, deodorant, toothpaste, soap, shampoo....} that is suffering and has been for a while. I talked with the Senior Elder at our church today about a Bake 'n Take and a Toiletry drive to do next.

It was a simple dinner, Nonny had her Chicken ala Nonny {see recipe in Recipe Box} and I had some spicy baked chicken strips with linguine and broccoli.

This week is going to be busy, alot going on. I have a Taco Cafe coming up at the church that I am hosting & cooking for on June 29th and all the proceeds will go to the Mexico Mission. They are leaving late July and they need lots of prayer and support. I have involved as many missionaries as possible and have even had a couple of teen volunteers which is awesome! I will shop Thursday for it, my own shopping Friday night and start cooking on Saturday for the Cafe. There is a Christian cafe that just opened next to our food pantry that I just found out about--so I want to check that out Saturday before going to cook.

We played Uno once getting home and both Nonny and I shared doing the dishes. We had another thunderstorm and my step-mother's area was on a tornado warning with actual sitings of funnel clouds....so that was nerve wrecking for a minute.

Oh and my friend who leads a dance ministry at our church, well they did an excellent dance to "Gone" by Switchfoot today at church.

Sorry for jumping around so much!

I will be back tomorrow for listing my chores and getting ready to shop for both the Taco Cafe and my own grocery shopping.

2 comments:

Lois said...

harlo Lill,

I'm dropping a note.. to let u know I was here at yr blog! :)

May God bless ur heart and the work of your hands.

Homemanager said...

Lill!
A Christian Cafe next to the food pantry? That is neat!