Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Love


I know I started with the word 'hope', I will go back to that, I think love is needed for right now. Maybe not in your life so much, but, I know I need it in mine & I know there are millions of others who do also...God's love is where I wanted to start....
Tell me if you know this one: "For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but, to save the world through Him." John 3:16-17
How many times have you heard this Scripture? I, myself, not only hear it all the time but read it all the time, recall it and bring it to memory....why?
It's simple.............Our Lord sent His Son, His begotten, into this chaotic, crazy, fallen, sinful, idolatrous, {need me to keep going?} world---to die for it. Meditate on that for a moment. He died for everyone---everyone. The young, the old, the poor, the rich, the well, the sick, the adulterer, the prostitute, the drug user, the drug dealer, the violated, the violator, the betrayed, the betrayer, the lied to, the liar, the abused, the abuser........the murdered, the murderer...I still can not wrap my mind around how He sees sin. I, myself, have a hard time with God seeing a lie the same sin as a murder. Hard to understand in our mere human minds. I know I can not. I can not fathom what it is like to love and die for everyone.....everyone.
That's how much His love is.........we can not even fathom....we can't. There is no way the human mind or understanding can understand God's love....when Jesus was dying on the cross He said, "Forgive them Father for they don't know what they are doing."....who was He talking about? He was talking about those that had falsely accused Him, arrested Him, spit on Him, mocked Him, stripped Him, slammed a crown of thorns on His head, whipped Him, punched & kicked Him, put a cross on Him to carry, betrayed Him, pounded nails through His hands, pounded nails through His feet, put Him on a cross.....do I need to continue? He loved them that much that He died for them! ....Wow! Doesn't it just blow your mind?
I know it blows mine.....it may be a common Scripture for lack of a better term, but, it is powerful! Powerful! It shows His love and how much more and more He is above us....that we can not figure it out---we need Him....His thoughts are not our thoughts, His ways not our ways....Can you imagine if He left us in charge of being judge and jury.........
Meditate on that Scripture a bit---He loved us enough to die for us!
In Christ,
Lill

4 comments:

Faith said...

Excellent!!
It blows my mind too, Lill!

preacherman said...

Wonderful post.
You do such a fantastic job on your blog. It is definately one of my favorites. Thank you for reminding us that it is all all about the love of God has show to us and the love we show to him and others.

My pray is that the world will see the love that we have and want it.

I hope and pray that you have a great day!

Kristi said...

Passing through and just wondering where you are....

preacherman said...

I hope you are having a wonderful week.