Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Just Thunder & Thunder

I was just at someone else's blog & they were talking about the hurricane named Dolly. I am happy they made it throught it & I found myself talking about our weather in NY.

I love summer thunderstorms....majestic & powerful, our Lord in His glory. Yet, I have to say this summer has become ho-hum because of them. It does nothing here but rain, rain, rain, thunderstorm after thunderstorm after thunderstorm....then when it's not wet, its extremely hot & muggy. We have been doing nothing because of it! Just sitting in the house, waiting for a small reprieve so we can get to the bus to get to the market or on the hot days we are using them to cram everything we need to do in those couple of days.

Saturday night all it did was thunder & pour....the thunder just rolled and rolled and rolled for hours! I am not exaggerating....upstate New Yorkers support me here....there is just too much wet. Last Friday and today are nice days. So today I have to run to the market because I have to get fresh veggies & a couple of items I forgot on Saturday.

Ok now, forgive me for complaining....

No exciting news to talk about right now. I talked for some time yesterday to Nonny's paternal grandmother & she wants to come get Nonny overnight next week before school starts again which is very soon.

There is a play date down at my friend Dee's house this coming Friday. But it is during the time I am working so I am hoping she can pick up Nonny & then I will come down after work & pick her up.

I am going to pull out my camera & go nutty with it a little later---always fun---and give some pics to you....

Be back soon!

Lill

No comments: