Friday, July 25, 2008

No Bake Mac & Cheez

This recipe is really simple and you can mix up ingredients to your liking. Any pasta will do as will any cheeses. This is easy for kids {use your best judgment because they will be near a stove}.

We enjoyed this recipe tonight with sweet corn & peas, cajun bratwurst & papaya.

Ingredients:

  • Any pasta. I find that wide egg noodles are to my liking for this recipe & that is what I used tonight. Use the amount you would use for your family.
  • Butter/margarine. I use I Can't Believe Its Not Butter -Light. It is my favorite spread
  • Salt & Pepper to taste.
  • Any cheese. You can use one cheese, 2 cheeses---10 cheeses if you like. I always use what is available in my fridge. Tonight it was American white & Mexicano mixed. I used a half of a slice of American on each plate & then sprinkled the Mexicano cheese on top.

Boil water, cook pasta to al dente, drain pasta {do not rinse}, return pasta to pan and add a tablespoon of butter/margarine for about every 1.5 servings that you are using.

Now I put a serving of pasta on individual plates & let people add their own cheese just because some don't like it really cheezy. Now you can also layer or mix & put in a microwave safe bowl or casserole dish, microwave on high until the cheese melts. Add salt & pepper to taste

This is a great dish for your mac & cheez fans--who don't want to turn on the oven in this sweltering heat & don't want the box mac & cheese & as you see the kids can do it too..............

Have fun!


No comments: