Friday, July 25, 2008

Ole Faithful

There are no colors left on this chair, it is full of old stains. It is beaten up, one side I think is broken, not pretty to look at....yet it is the most comfortable chair I have ever sat on in my life. And anyone who sits in it will tell you the same thing. I even sleep in it alot. Nonny & I have made mad dashes to get to it when getting ready to watch a TV show/movie.

It was part of a sectional set, probably mid to late 80's. It was given to me some time ago & it has proved to be faithful. I curl up in it with books, my devotions, pop the legs back & push it back & fall into to lala land in no time. My cat finds her way into this chair & sleeps for hours in it.

It made it through the fire I had in 2006. I lost alot of stuff, but, Ole Faithful stayed true to its name.........It still sits in the corner of my living room & though it does not look attractive---you will melt right into it......I don't know what it is going to take for me to let it go....

Do you have a favorite couch, chair, piece of furniture that no matter how bad it looks or sags, you will not get rid of it? Let me know!

1 comment:

Faith said...

Well, my absolute fave chair I ended up giving away to Sean and Lisa M. (you probably know them?)...it was a papazan chair (those round kind) but when we bought another one for our family room, we had no room for the papazan...I lOVED that chair..but..the Lord had also told me to bless someone else with it so we gave it away for their teens to enjoy. I used to nurse Courtney in that chair when she was a newborn!!

Now my fave is my wicker chair and ottoman that is in my living room.It is in my "Adirondack" corner and I read the Word, my novels, poetry, etc. in that chair.
Happy Sitting!