Thursday, July 24, 2008

White Picket Fence? .....Maybe

I think I have made up my mind to go forth & see what is out there for me as far as buying a house. I spoke with some other who went through a federally funded program & were given federal grants so they could have a home. I called that program today & I am eligible.....The money I make is under the limit of what they allow for my household size. In September I will be going to an orientation and then start applying. They have all kinds of classes to take, that I am interested in, such as:home improvement & home repair, principles in landlording, what to look for in a home....Of course I have to find the lender & the house...Their inspectors will go through the house to make sure it is ok for me to buy. I will update as I go.....just the thought of having my own home has kind of made me feel "giggly", like a Princess in His Court---ya know? I spoke with one of our Elders wives today, Dee & she confirmed that this is something she not only sees me doing but is something I should be doing. So I am going for it.....keep me in your prayers as I go on this journey.

This is what I am looking for: 3+ bedrooms {I need one for work}, backyard (fenced, we are animal lovers & we like our privacy), single family, good sound structure {I am so tired of leaking roofs}, has to stay in the city I live in because I don't drive & I need to be near my church, buses & shopping. Oh yeah, the lady I spoke with at the program today said that you can apply for home improvement grants and/or loans also, like, new windows, new roof, new heating system, new hot water heater---anything that will improve the way of life and improve the property....so if I like a home and the only thing that is keeping me from going for it is the water heater---I could get money for that....and on down the line. So fellow bloggers & Brothers & Sisters in Christ, this has been a desire of mine for a long time---I have been pondering & praying for quite some time & I believe that this is something that can be brought into fruition.....and I think Dee helped me make that "final" decision, she was confirmation....

I will let you know how it all goes---I am quite nervous about some things that I won't share here on the blog due to they are private, just please keep us in prayer about this....

No comments: