Sunday, November 25, 2007

Another One Bites The Dust

In my journey to organization come some more issues that are being accomplished---you can now walk through my living room and I am almost ready to get up the tree!!! Woo hoo!!!

I have dared, in my journey to organization to start paying attention to what I am doing.....that would help heh???? See my daughter and I have 'random' chores, so this and this can get done any day of the week or when we feel like it and there is a few set chores for my daughter yet the only one's she seems to keep track of is trash and recyclables (I am not complaining). So, I have made a list---a chore list---finished it today!!! From the help of a friend (you know who you are :O) ) , I have a set list.....now Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays seem to be our 'busiest' days so the least amount of chores will be done those days....I do work and my daughter is at school, so running home and getting dinner and then doing a simple chore and then be able to get where we need to--and still get a chore accomplished???? I can do that! My daughter is even happy with the list!! She is excited to be vacuuming! She has done it a few times so she is happy she gets to do it more often now and at a more set pace.....

I also received from my friend :O) a master grocery list---much easier to understand then some I have seen--so I was able to set up mine!!! Another accomplishment today....wow!

Also from her :O) I received a meal planner---this is going to work great for me.....planning meals and money and time all in one!! woo hoo! So we are on the adventure tonight or Tuesday to conquer that list---my next grocery shopping adventure is not until the week of Dec 14th so I have some time to get the list & meals together---I want to introduce a new meal a month, along with a special dessert a month that my daughter and I can do together.....she is also going to be helping prepare dinner on Mondays and Fridays because those are my busiest days---so she will start with some simple things....whew!!

I can't believe how much I have already finished today!!! woo hoo!!!

Onto dinner and I will blog in the Coffee House Chatter to end the night tonight....back to work and school tomorrow!!!

1 comment:

Faith said...

Happy Organizing!
We just organized all of our closets, just before leaving for THanksgiving vacation. What a great feeling that was!

I also use a meal planner....nothing fancy and not even on computer...just my handy steno pad in kitchen....i HAVE to plan out meals due to teaching, ministry volunteering and 2 kids after school activities plus they also are in or doing ministry! life is busy but praise God for organizational tips!