Saturday, November 24, 2007

My Meat-uh-balzz

Again, no measurements really, it is a guess-timate whenever you see a measurement or I know it is that exact measurement....my meat-uh-balzz:
Ground beef
Italian bread crumbs*
Black pepper
Parmesan cheese**
Garlic powder/salt/or cloves***
Onions, diced or powder/salt***
Oregano****
Parsley****

Preheat oven 350 degrees

Add all ingredients in a big bowl to your own liking.....I add alot of garlic and onion...my daughter loves it when I dash in some hot sauce. I make big meatballs, so again do them to your liking....I roll them to desired size by hand (this is a great thing to have your kids join in on, just make sure they wash their hands!), put in baking dish (I use a glass 13x8 usually) and bake approx 30 mins or until fully cooked (browned)---remove from dish, add to sauce or serve plain...enjoy!

*I love the zesty Italian bread crumbs
**I use fresh parmesan cheese whenever I can.I either serve these on torpedo rolls or with pasta and salad.
***I prefer fresh onions and garlic
****I do use oregano and parsley from the "spice rack"

1 comment:

Faith said...

Hi Lil: I've needed an easy meatball recipe. Mine always come out horrible! I'm gonna try this one....my kids want me to make them so they taste like the Olive Garden ones! :) thanks for posting this. And was wondering: do you have a crockpot recipe for these? do you know if they would work in the crockpot? Now that i am back to teaching every day, although part time, i still need many days of "slow-cooking" especially with the holidays approaching! God bless you!
Oh, I will pray for your cat, too!