Sunday, December 16, 2007

The Lake House


A friend of mine had told me to watch this movie when I had the chance. It stars Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock---kind of funny how they keep getting hooked up together in movies huh? Just an observation.
I did enjoy it, although rather strange. Sandra Bullock plays a doctor at a Chicago hospital in 2006 and Keanu Reeves plays an architect in 2004. Exactly. They meet up 2 years apart! Kind of hard to explain. The lake house was built by Keanu Reeve's character's Dad and the dog Jack is owned by both Keanu and Sandra.
It is a romantic type movie---there is no gushiness and no sex which automatically gets a thumbs up. There is a couple of kisses but that is it.
I am a stranger than fiction and science fiction fan, so this hit 2 types of interests in me. If you enjoy Sandra and Keanu you will enjoy this movie. Most of the movie is about letters put in a mailbox at the lake house.
Again--if you have nothing to do one day (wow-I know I am pushing it)--lol, when you get the opportunity and you like the actors you should watch it....
I know I may be somewhat late in reviewing it but I just watched it last night on HBO.
Have fun!

1 comment:

tali said...

Hi Lill

I keep meaning to get this movie out on dvd...but i never remember the name of it. That's great.

My energy is returning but i have a few dvds from christmas so will include this in my relaxing girlie dvd nite!

love t