Saturday, December 15, 2007

Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Wow! It is Christmas time is it not??? On Friday our Senior Elder had a party at his home and the food was excellent, stuffed chicken breasts--Italian green beans, salads, garlic mashed potatoes, lasagna--all yummy and all the appetizers and desserts OH MY...Its the most wonderful time of the year.

Today we were up and out of the house before 9:30 am. Hit a huge sale at JC Penney; I would have spent like $400 and only spent $147. Then on to WalMart where I did very well also--which also had some food included I spend $160. Then home for ham and turkey sandwiches for lunch and off to the supermarket where I spent another $80 whew! Then here I am home, just finished wrapping a whole bunch of stuff. Found some really cute tree ornaments for some people at work, my secret santa is a friend of mine who collects fireman memorabalia and I was able to get a collector's fireman santa with the dalmatian dog and all for quite a steal. I picked up some goodies to eat---and had left overs for dinner and now here I am trying to catch up.

We had a blizzard, the first one the other day (Thursday), it started around 10:45 am while we were at work, we left early, 3:00 pm and there was already 6 inches on the ground! Then it was alot of ice the next day. Now late tonight we are expecting what we call a Nor'easter. Probably around 12-16 inches of snow, won't be surprised if there is more! There may be no church tomorrow and I have an MRI appointment on Monday I won't be able to make it to unless I can find a ride to work after the MRI or I will have to take some time from work.

Well, it is off for now...I have to go catch up on some other blogs and see what is going on! Be back later!

No comments: