Sunday, March 30, 2008

Science Fairs & New Family Members

I don't know about this Science Fair that Nonny wanted to do. It's coming up this Friday and we really have nothing. We made a sun, moon and earth out of clay. We will have a flashlight & mirror to bounce the light off the earth from the sun to hit the moon. We have a wiffle ball that is broken in half so a magnet could be put inside of it and then put on a board w/a magnet underneath so she can show how the moon pulls into the earth by magnetic force. We have a lot of "book" information.

Then last night a friend of mine called me around 8 pm. Her husband wants her to get rid of their pet turtle that she has had for over 5 years {well, its actually her kids, but, you know how that goes}. He was going to take it and put it in the river. She and her kids were upset and she didn't want it to go to the river. I don't blame her there. So, yep, my daughter and I are the proud new owners of Jordan---formerly known as Walter. Nonny changed his name. Uh, I think its a he. He was very nervous and our cat Lilah was watching everything--she doesn't seem too threatened by him at all. It took him a loooooooooooooong time to settle down----but this morning when I got up he was hiding in his log. So today I am hoping to get to a store to get him a new light for his terrarium---because the one they gave me blew out. Sundays are awful with buses, so, I am going to see if I can get a ride after church service. I had to do some reading up on what they need.....not as much as Lilah believe it or not, but, they need it.

Well, off to church I go. Have a blessed time today brothers & sisters. Remember Jesus loves you, love your neighbor and extend your hand and bounty to those who need soul care, salvation and practical things----love you all.

4 comments:

Faith said...

HI LILL: congrats on your new turtle...neat! Claire loves turtles but I don't like pets so...she has a stuffed one! LOL
The Science project sounds great. Courtney did a mobile for a science class once (an extra credit type thing for an open house) and she used styrofoam balls, spray painted different colors to represent the planets and moon, sun. I can't remember how it all worked but it looked great! Have fun! And enjoy your Sabbath!

preacherman said...

Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful post with us. I really enjoy reading your blog and read it daily. I have added it to my favorites. I pray God's blessing on your life as you serve Him. Have a wonderful week.
In Him,
Kinney Mabry
1 Tim 4:12

preacherman said...

I hope you are having a great April. I am looking forward as always to your next post!

preacherman said...

I hope you have a wonderful earth day!