Saturday, June 21, 2008

The Bronx Zoo







We could not have asked for a better day. The picture above is of the sky when we left our home at 5:15 that morning. It was clear and cool {just the way I like it}. I have ALOT of pictures and I will post a little at a time here and there and let you know all about it {or whatever info I have on it}.



We woke up at 4:00 am, was out of the house at 5:15 am and we walked to the school and made it there by 5:45 am. We were the first to arrive {the middle pic is of my daughter's school, I never saw it that empty}. The buses were supposed to be there at 6:00 but did not get there till 6:15, so needless to say, with the late comers, head counts, pairing up the kids to the chaperones--we left a little after 7:00 am. I was paired up with one of my daugther's friends Dad, and I had one other child besides my daughter and he had one other child besides his daughter, so there was 6 in our group and we had a blast. The tigers are my favorite, the gorillas are my daughter's. She loves the way they ape you. She was having a ball with one as she clapped or made faces the gorilla would do them back. My tigers were in nap time when we arrived there, so I have pics of them sleeping. We did the entire park---the entire zoo, yes, we did....This was not our {Nonny and I} first trip to the zoo, but, it was the rest of our group's---so it was fun telling them all we had experienced on other trips and what was not there before. The Madagascar animals were not supposed to open till Friday June 20th, but, they did open late Thursday afternoon and we were the second group of "first" visitors ever to Madagascar and we had a blast, there were species of monkeys and cats I have never seen in my life---our God has an awesome imagination!


I will keep posting about our trip and putting up pics. The top pic is the girls we had for the day, the first one on the left is my Nonny. This was taken at lunch time at the Pepsi Pavilion by Tiger Mountain.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lill,

My boys recognize the girls in the photo from RPES. Jacob is going into 4th grade (Mrs. France) and Daniel is off to middle school in the fall. Glad to see you blogging. I will add you to my blog roll too.