Sunday, June 29, 2008

Tuckered Out from the Taco's

I was hoping when I posted today I would be coming to you with a great story about all the money we raised for the Mexico Mission trip, but, unfortunately not.

I need prayer. I am incredibly discouraged. We have members of our church who every other year go to Mexico on missions to help the lost & needy. We do all sorts of fundraiser events. This year alot has not been done at all and the donations are down 3/4 of what they normally are....should I take into consideration the gas prices? food prices? Sure I can do that. Yet, we still, at the Lord's commission need to seek and save the lost--He promises us to take care of us no matter what! He said, don't worry about what you eat and drink, find the lost and needy bring My message of salvation and help them.

Maybe it is just me. We should have made alot more money than we did. We were slightly over what we spent in money. The last time I did a cafe, we made a lot of money and we ran out of food. This time we bought enough food and only 1/3 of it was used.

I don't even know what to say. I am really discouraged. This took a lot of time, planning and work. I guess I just expected more.....this is my place to reveal how I am feeling and I am really discouraged that we put alot of time and effort and money. We busted our butts & sweat our butts off and maybe 25 people ate {not including the missions team}....

I know the Lord will encourage me. I know I will do another one. I am just really discouraged at the moment.

3 comments:

Faith said...

Oh Lil, I am so sorry to hear this.

It can be very discouraging when things don't go the way we plan.

It is a tough time for people right now, especially the smaller churches that might struggle with finances.

Keep pressing into the Lord's work if that is what He truly has called you to do....He WILL take care of the rest, this I know for sure!
Praying for you.....

Faith said...

hi Lill, I thought I had left a comment here...
Well, try not to be too discouraged.
It's a tough time for people, especially some of the smaller churches...the Lord will use this missions team no matter how much money they make or don't make....sometimes we have to sacrfice much to do the work of the Lord!

Anonymous said...

My Lill,

Looking back, maybe it is easier now to see that the Lord used this to accomplish more than what we expected. Our thoughts were on cooking good food & raising $ for the missions team - and we did that, though not as much profit as hoped...

BUT, beyond that, remember we had a lot of leftover food that went to the homeless shelter here in town. So we made some $, we had some good fellowship in the kitchen & over the meal, and while looking for the cash to bless folks in another country we were able to bless folks right here in our own city with some awesome mexican food.

And, while discouraging at the outset, isn't the end result good? The fruit is that it caused you to cry out to the Lord for understanding. It also caused you to trust that His hand was upon the results & that He would make a way for the team to have all they needed for the trip. This is a good example of "walking by faith, not by sight" since you knew you were being obedient to what He asked you to do.

God is good!