Monday, July 21, 2008

Flea Collar Alert

For those of you who have been reading my blog you know that my cat, Lilah, has seizures. When we moved down here to the first floor she had not had one in 2 months, so I figured {why? I don't know} that whatever may have been causing the seizures was upstairs....well, I was wrong.

Friday night Lilah had the worst seizure ever. It took a long time for it to go away & I had never seen it that bad before. Guess what? Our local news, http://www.cbsalbany.com/ had coverage on a woman in Ballston Spa who had a cat who had seizures & it died. Cause? Hartz 2-in-1 Flea Collars. Found out alot of kitties are having seizures and every single one of them that has/had them are from the collar.....On Friday night while she was having the seizure, I prayed the Lord would show me what was causing these things so I maybe, could get rid of them......So many people have kitties who are having seizures. A lady at my church told me her cat had them also. If you call the emergency number on the back of the box, noone answers. I called the vet, he told me not to buy any over the counter collars----thing is he told me that before---but me, in all my wisdom {duh} thought that he was saying that because he wanted me to buy what he had......

I have had animals all my life....all kinds and we always used Hartz products. So why would I think any different???? Why would I think something has changed???? Something did, somewhere along the line..............because I have heard & personally spoke with quite a few people whose kitties were affected by these collars, with seizures & sometimes death.....

2 comments:

Kristi said...

I use nothing but Advantage on my animals and they never have fleas. Of course it is a lot more expensive than over the counter products, but works SOO well!

Anonymous said...

I have used Hartz on my cat ever since she was old enough to wear a collar- She has had two seizures over this past summer (amazingly enough, right after I changed her collar). Someone told me to take the flea collar off. We are now 6 week seizure free. Praise God!