Friday, July 18, 2008

This Is Going to be Lengthy: Flying Felines, Homeless & Hungry, Dancing and Colds


So here I am...I have been very busy!


Pastor Dave {he has a blog here, see his link "Pastor Dave" on my Blogging Buddies list on the left hand side of my blog} is a man in my community who has a church right smack dead in the middle of the crime ridden area of our city. He has joined up with 2 other pastors -Pastor Willie and another one, to take back the streets. Our kids, our families are dying out here. They started a feeding children ministry--which they have not given a name to yet....LOL, don't we always look for "names"? On Monday I went there---and wow! Pastor Dave had been given an empty lot right across from his church and here were all these people from all these different churches....from our church was me, Nonny and a friend. There was hot dogs, chicken wings, macaroni & cheese, potato salad, corn on the cob, watermelon, juice, water.....it was great!!! They are doing this every Monday, Wednesday & Friday as long as the Lord allows. I want to be there as much as I can. Pastor Dave is also looking to invest in a building to have a ministry for children. Pastor Charlie over across the river in Albany has a ministry for children to have hot meals and lunches everyday....this is something Pastor Dave is looking to have here in Troy. He wants it so there is clothing, cooking lessons, help with homework, art & crafts, mentoring...........yes how wonderful! Do I want to be a part of that???? Absolutely....I would love to help with the cooking lessons and homework that is a definite....I think this is wonderful and he does have the back up of Pastor Charlie, Pastor Willie and the other Pastor {I keep forgetting his name!}. Oh how the Lord is working....I will keep you updated on this....


Also on Monday we had a fllying feline! Yes you heard me right---I have placed her picture on this post. I found out later her name is Patches. I live on the first floor and there is an addition to this apartment that has 2 rooms. One of them is my bedroom and the other one is the office. Early that morning I heard a thump as I was getting up---we have a neighbor who has a huge SUV and when he shuts the door he shuts hard and sometimes it sounds like something hit the house--that's what I thought it was....until I was bringing Nonny to the boys& girls club, and when I came back I hear meowing but I know it was not my cat---and I look up and right there on my roof {remember it is an addition so it is only one story} is a calico cat---I walk up the back steps leading to the second floor apartment and bring her in my house....I recognize her as a neighbors cat and go to his home next door and find out from others he is at work for the day. I went back outside to try and figure what had happened when an elderly gentleman came to my fence and told me she fell from the 3rd floor window onto the addition.......WHAT?!?!?!?!, He said he saw the whole thing---she was in the window and then all of a sudden on my addition---wow!!! she fell 2 stories!!! she seemed fine. When her owner came home he was very distraught and very worried about her---he said that the screen in the bathroom window had torn and the landlord was replacing it, in the morning he opened it to find out how the weather was and must have forgot to close it and that is how Patches made it to the ledge and fell....his other cat Sasha and his dog Mike however never went to the window....This cat was so happy to see her Daddy and he was so happy to see her---


Wednesday we went to the soup kitchen at my church and it was packed. Seems more and more people are showing up there. Pastor Joe and his wife Donna use our church's fellowship hall to do a soup kitchen every Wednesday {The Lord willing Donna would say}. It has been so hot and muggy that they made a bunch of salads...tuna salad, macaroni salad, toss salad, corn, pickles, bananas and cake....I brought some of my clothes there and the women were so happy to get them.


When we got home Wednesday, Nonny went straight in her room and went to sleep. I knew then that she was getting sick so I prayed. She woke later on with a headache and sore throat, checked, no white patches---thank YOU JESUS. No fever, gave her some ibuprofen, prayer and a freezy pop.


Wednesdays and Thursdays we watch, "So You Think You Can Dance", and we were very please with the show, we love Joshua, Gev, Twitch, Katee, Courtney & Chelsie, yes thats alot but we love them....Yesterday Gev had the least amount of votes so he had to leave. No worries, he is in the top ten and will be in the tour around the world.


As of last night Nonny had a slight fever 99.6, so she took a tepid bath and she felt much better, with some prayer her fever broke before she went to bed. Needless to say she has not been going to the boys & girls club and they won't let her come back till she is fever free 24 hours, so she misses her miniature golf trip today because they said she can come back Monday if she is fever free....she did not seem too disappointed {?} I also think when you are sick you are not thinking of those things.


It has been a busy week....I hope to get here tonight and tell you more and do some posts on Bible study and all that.................also thank you for all your kind comments and for visiting my blog....I have to go to work now....which is next to this computer!!!

2 comments:

Faith said...

Hi Lill:
Thank you for your encouraging comments on my blog!
It is so awesome that you are getting involved in that inner city church project. We have several members from church who help at the inner city Albany one (Charley's lunch program). It is a huge blessing and a powerful testimony to the city and those children. You will be blessed by blessing others! You are so involved! Enjoy your weekend!

Joanne@ Blessed... said...

Praying you get a quiet moment to yourself friend...

Blessings, Joanne