Sunday, July 27, 2008

What I Did On My Birthday

My birthday went great. Nonny & I did the grocery shopping. We used the bus to go to Hannaford & home. We bought 3 bags of groceries {I use the cloth grocery bags & a hot/cold bag} & cat litter & it cost me $111.67....still trying to figure out why. Then after we arrived home & all the groceries were put away, my friend CR called, she is our church office manager. We talked for 3 hours! It was great....she had called to just say Happy Birthday & we talked about everything....My daughter as I have told you before is a fish and CR has a lake right by her house, so, next Sunday after service we are heading out to her home.

Then Nonny & I headed out to dinner. We go out to dinner 2 times a month. She wanted to go to MJ's which is a nice restaurant a few blocks away. It is a historical building built in the early 1800's & was used for many things & now it is a restaurant. I love it because the inside of the structure has not been altered & when you sit at the table, under the glass are historical newspaper clippings of the town I live in.

Then we went to CVS pharmacy & picked up prescriptions, 3 of them and it came to $75.00!!!! It is amazing how the health care industry has made this our health into a billion dollar business. I could not believe it---one of the medz is new for Nonny's asthma.

After that we went to Stewart's. For those of you who don't know, Stewart's is a convenience store all over upstate New York & I believe there are a couple in neighboring states also. They sell everything. They can be a little pricey.....but being that it was 86 degrees & I didn't want to stand at the bus stop with milk, half & half, eggs & ice cream, I needed to go there & thats what we bought there....Nonny got a pint of ice cream called Monkey Business, it's banana ice cream with chocolate swirls going through it & I bought a pint of Raspberry Fudge Torte, frozen vanilla yogurt w/raspberry swirl & pieces of chocolate.

After we arrived home my friend S showed up with birthday gifts for me! {I love presents & my friend knows this}. She bought 2 towels & a pkg of washcloths & 2 beautiful pictures to hang on my walls {photos later}. Then the rest of the night was relaxation. I had a glass of wine & watched America's Most Wanted {did you know the FBI is now 100 years old---and on my birthday}.

I did a little reading before going to bed & got my next couple of movies set up on Netflix because they will be coming this week. I ordered the first disc, season 2 of Punky Brewster for Nonny & The Golden Compass for myself. We just returned the Spiderwick Chronicles { I didn't like that too much} & The Legend of Waterhorse {which is the legendary story of the Loch Ness Monster--remember him} and this movie was actually pretty good--it was pretty much told thru the eyes of an 8 year old little boy.

I did enjoy my birthday, nice & sweet.

Ok, have to get ready to go to church---be back later to talk again, we are catching the public bus today.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Happy late birthday!

tali said...

happy belated bday lill!! Glad you had a good one. You have been blogging big time. Am trying to catch up on blog reading in between looking after the little ones :)
God bless! love t